couch

couch

Friday 26 June 2015

Picasso's Trousers by Nicholas Allan


We got this from the library this morning. I was looking for The Noisy Paintbox and there it was. My four year old loved it and was more than happy to pose for the pictures. He's finished in pre-school now so my mornings to myself are over, for now. Still, it was nice reading this one together.

Picasso will not take "No!" for an answer. Below is his response when he is told that you cannot only use blue in a painting.

And where he was told that he should not paint a face from both a front and side perspective, (am I saying that the right way? Sorry if not. Like I said, I am at home with a four year old so time alone at the computer is limited!)

he shows them this.

He goes to the south of France, loves the sunshine and also the broken bike parts he finds.

And against all advice, makes them into art too. A cow!

The books concludes with the story that when Picasso decided he wanted trousers with horizontal stripes, he had to get them made himself. Everyone else thought they were a terrible idea. Here he is on the right wearing them. And on the left, under the flap are his underpants and socks, Also with horizontal stripes!

No comments:

Post a Comment