couch

couch

Friday 3 October 2014

National Geographic Kids - Planets and Arthur's Halloween

I got Planets because I knew my boys would like it, and also because I suddenly realised that if I were at a table quiz and faced with questions about our solar system, I might not know the answers. The National Geographic Kid series are great. (This is the hardcover version of my one - the softback ones are between four and five euros! And reliably good. Like this one and this one.)
And there's Arthur's Halloween. I may have blogged about him before, if so treat this as a reminder that Arthur is great. We were reading this last night and none of us could remember what animal Arthur was. I have read so many American kids books that we are by now familiar with Opossums and chipmunks and bears, but for the life of me I couldn't remember if he was an anteater or an aardvark. Anyway, I just checked. He's an aardvark.

No comments:

Post a Comment