couch

couch

Sunday 3 May 2015

Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce

My nine year old is reading this at the moment. I didn't know it last night though. I was sitting in the middle bed in his room, reading to his younger brother when to my amazement he said "Where's my Millions?" He had just brushed his teeth and now he had the nerve to ask me to find a pack of tooth rotting sweets for him to eat in bed! And when, by the way, had he purchased them? And with whose permission, young man?
Luckily for both of us, before I launched into him, he found it.

Once you buy one Frank Cottrell Boyce book, you'll just buy them all. They are funny and well written and kids just enjoy them. I'd say they are in most classroom libraries in Ireland and England and hopefully further afield. We have this one too. Our pages are edged in silver, which is cool but the one I have linked has a pretty nice cover too. For ages nine and up.
Oh, and if his name is familiar to you, Frank Cottrell Boyce is the guy who wrote the sequel to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - which went down very well here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment