couch

couch

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Supposing by Alastair Reid and Bob Gill

I got this from the library a few months ago and read it to my then 11, 9 and 7 year old sons. They got a real kick out of it. Both text and illustrations are daft and crazy and very funny. It's just gas. Not all the pages are as good as the ones below, but most of them are. So here it is; Supposing by Alastair Reid, illustrated by Bob Gill.

Supposing I built a small boat and sailed around the world and when I was a mile from the shore of my home town, and everybody was waiting for me with medals and cameras, I just turned the boat and sailed round again the other way...

Supposing I had fur instead of skin...
Supposing a very beautiful lady fell in love with me and wanted me to marry her but I just yawned and said maybe...

Supposing I had a great house with valuable paintings and furniture and things and I came home one day and it was all blazing and burned down and people came rushing up to me being sorry for me but I just laughed and took off my clothes and threw them into the fire...

Supposing I appeared on television answering questions and there was one question which nobody could answer and although I knew the answer instead of saying it I just burped...
Supposing my Aunt Mabel came to tea and said to me how big I was getting for the millionth time and I just stared back and said to her, How old you're getting...

We also have a Balloon for a Blunderbuss by the same authors, and Ounce Dice Trice by Alastair Reid and Ben Shahn, both of which are worth buying immediately. But they deserve reviews of their own.

P.s. Apologies for the picture quality, I've been waiting for a bit a bright sun to re-do them but the Irish weather seems permanently dull these days. (unlike this book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment