couch

couch

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Moomin comics and Laurie Graham

My eight year old couldn't get to sleep the other night and I took out these old favourites.
They did the trick. These little Moomin comicy books are Tove Janssons comic strips, one story at a time. We love them. Perfect for Christmas stockings, hospital waiting rooms, flights, ferries and reluctant sleepers.


Age seven and up. 

And what the grown ups are reading. This is our kitchen table.

Laurie Graham is hands down my favourite author so I have all her books. I've just finished re reading The Future Homemakers of America, moved straight onto Gone With The Windsors , and my husband is reading Life According to Lubka. I constantly hear him chuckling quietly when he gets to one of the many,many funny bits. Anyone who hasn't read any of her books yet is lucky. They have such a treat in store! Her books are, as I said, funny, fantastically well written, fascinating and brilliant. Each and every one of them. Whey there isn't a special section for her in every book shop, I don't know. And in every airport. They are just so,so enjoyable. 























1 comment:

  1. I have never read Laurie Graham. I'll have to check her out.

    Moomin anything makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete