couch

couch

Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Berenstain Bears' Big Book Of Science And Nature by Stan and Jan Berenstain

As my kids get older, I'm looking more and more for books they can read themselves and for the youngest, books he can "read" himself. I may as well be honest, I don't always want to sit with him and his books, sometimes I want him to sit by himself and leave me alone for a while. And this books fits that bill perfectly.
I think  The Berenstain Bears' Big Book Of Sciene And Nature is a great one for Busytown fans. Actually I think I prefer the bears to Busytown. Probably because by boy number four I had so many hours of Huckle and Goldenbug and top-loaders under my belt that it was time for a change.
 The details in this are great. And correct. There are interesting explanations about levers and wedges and stalagmites and wind and lightening and loads more. There are sporty pages and the months of the year and planets and mammals and really, a multitude of things to pore over. At 190 pages, its a great deal for €10.91.
 My little fella's favourite page is the Halloween one below. (And now that I think of it, the "holidays" page in Busytown was a popular one too.) Whatever, this book has meant that I have been able to drink my tea while it was still hot quite a few times. All in all, a great buy.
 I'd recommend it for ages two to five, making it an excellent birthday present for any Junior Infant.



I

No comments:

Post a Comment