couch

couch

Saturday 13 December 2014

Owl Moon by Jane Yolen, illustrated by John Schoenherr


The first time I read this I thought, its not that great. The second time I thought, well, it is pretty peaceful. The third time I saw sense. It is a wonderfully written, beautifully illustrated, calming masterpiece of a book that you will read over and over and over again. We all love it (my kids did from the very beginning, it was just me with the reservations. I think because I spent over a tenner on it and was looking for a bit of immediate wow factor. Sad really, considering I spend way more than that on a t shirt and don't think twice about it. Books are so cheap aren't they, compared to everything else? Think of the number of books you could get for the price of a Skylanders Swap Team starter kit. Or better still, don't think about it.)



Anyways, at this time of year, when our woolly hats and gloves are busy, Owl Moon is particularly apt. For ages four and up.

And some other lovely snowy books...
Children of the North Lights, reviewed here,
and Little Boy Brown, reviewed here.


No comments:

Post a Comment